Beekeeping in Maine
I have been beekeeping since the 70's and through that time have had many great learning experiences.
Beekeeping is something I truly enjoy so when I decided to make a web site my goal was share some of my knowledge. I hope you find the pages on this site useful. Beekeeping has become a popular hobby in my area as with all over the county.
Raw Fall Honey available
- Make sure your queen is strong
- Manage the Varroa mite population
- Check for Nosema and treat if necessary - You need a microscope or you can send a sample to the USDA Lab or your state bee inspector.
- Reduce robbing problems- Information about Robbing
- Prepare for feeding - Order what you need have; pollen supplements, sugar or fondant ready
- Condense colonies, take your loses now not by winter kill
- Winter protection - wind blocks, mouse guards, wrapping decide what you need now
- You may want to have supplies on hand for making candy boards
Free online beekeeping class
Winner of the 2012 Eastern Apiculture Society Best in Show Comb Honey Award
email@example.com or 207-329-9934